Interesting And Fun Cat Facts
Did you know that cats have 100 vocal sounds that they use to communicate with humans? Or that a cat's heart beats twice as fast as a human heart? These are two of many interesting cat facts.
Below we will be listing the most interesting and fun facts that we have read about cats. Cats are truly unique and special animals.
Cat Facts About Cat's Bodies
- Cats have 230 bones in their bodies,humans have 206
- Cat's normal body temperature is 101.5 degrees, A bit warmer than a humans
- Cats have 30 permanent teeth, humans have 32.
- Each cat's nose has a different print
- All Kittens are born with blue eyes, their colour later changes
- Cats whiskers help determine if the space they are entering is big enough for them.
- Cats have 32 muscles in each ear
- Cats do not need to blink their eyes on a regular basis to keep their eyes lubricated
- Cats do not have a sweet tooth
- Cats ar either right pawed or left pawed
- Cats sweat through their paws
Cat Facts About Cat's Abilities
- Cat's sense of smell is 14 times stronger than humans
- Cats can hear better than both humans and dogs
- Cat's smell their food first before deciding to eat it
- Cats can jump up to seven times their tails length
- A cat sees about 6 times better than a human at night, and needs 1/6 the amount of light that a human does
- A cat can travel at a top speed of approximately 49 km over a short distance
- The ability of a cat to find its way home is called psi-traveling
- Cats are extremely sensitive to vibrations. They can detect natural disasters like earthquake before humans
Cat Facts About Cat's Behaviors
- When happy, cats knead with their paws
- Cats do not only purr when their happy, but also when their stressed or in pain
- 80% of cats have the gene that allows them to respond to catnip, 20% are not affected by it
- Cats spend approximately 16 hours per day sleeping
- Cats walk on their toes
- Cats will spend nearly 30% of their lifes grooming themselves
- Female felines are superfecund, which means that each of the kittens in her litter can have a different father.
- After a petting session a cat likes to groom, although it likes the petting a cat likes to smell like a cat
Cat Facts About Cats And Their Owners
- Cats will only let those he/she trust rub their stomach
- Cats only meow for people, never for other cats
- Cats like the higher pitch voice of women
- Cats rub against their owners as a way of marking them as theirs
- Cats miss their owners when they go on vacation just like dogs
- Cats can sense when their owners are sick and may want to be closer to their owners during this time
- Stroking a cat can help to reduce your blood pressure
- Owning a cat helps to reduce feelings of depression and loneliness
- Cats are North America’s most popular pets, there are 73 million cats compared to 63 million dogs.
- The most expensive cat is named Little Nicky, who cost his owner $50,000. He is a clone of an older cat
Cute And Funny Cat Videos - A collection of cat videos that will put a smile on your face.
Cat Anatomy: Interesting Facts About Your Cat's Body - Understanding your cat's anatomy will help you better understand your cat. Discussing your cat's senses, body and digestive system.
Return From Cat Facts To Cat Health Home Page